Getting Tex (pronounced Tek)
For those interested in why it is pronounced Tek, the last letter is the Greek letter chi, not the English x.
- CTAN (Comprehensive Tex Archive Network)
- TUG (Tex Users Group)
- WinEdt Windows editor
- Miktex Windows Tex application
- GSView Windows Postscript viewer
Updated January 27, 2010. Make sure you have the latest copy (version 1.1.3), which contains the new proposal signature page. Note the guide has also changed slightly. Please read the guide, it is short and answers most people's questions.
- Guide [pdf][tex]
- test.tex test file for sbthesis
- 6view.eps figure used in test file
- test.bbl test file bibliography
- KeithComp.bib BibTex file used by test.tex
- Some Mac users have said they can't get thesis.cls for their Mac installation. Copy all the files and put it in your tex path (something like: "\tex\latex\thesis\").
You will probably need to make the directory and then tell your tex distribution to reread the path (so it finds it). Most tex editors put a button or menu item to do this, but each is different
so I can't cover them all here.
Created December 9, 2009. This is the latex class to make the advising sheets. Be sure to put it in your latex path (/tex/latex/sbadvising/sbadvising.cls) then have tex refresh the file name database, _or_ put the class file in the same directory as the advising sheets. The commands are simple: